How To Change Your Local Web Servers Name
- How To Change Your Local Web Servers Name
- Uninstall Server Extensions (\Program Files\Microsoft FrontPage\FrontPage Server
- Find out where you computer name is currently being stored by checking all possible
three locations listed below.
- Change each location from the old name to the new name (note: the old name may be
present in one, two, or three places).
- Open and edit C:\Windows\fpexplor.ini and C\Windows\frontpg.ini to change
ALL references to old computer name to the new computer name.
- Install the Server Extensions for server (\Program Files\Microsoft FrontPage\FrontPage
FrontPage Local Host (computer) Name
Technically, it should have no spaces or non-alphanumeric characters.
In terms of where to check for the name:
FrontPage will try to determine the DNS name or TCP/IP address in order to assign it to
the Personal Web Server.
FrontPage will try use several criteria. They are listed in order:
FrontPage FP Extensions Front Page Extensions PWS IIS WebServer WebServer Name
- Open the Control Panel, double-click on the Network icon. Double-click on TCP/IP, click
the DNS Configuration tab.
- Look for a "hosts" file in Windows(no file extension). Open the file in
- Computers Identification. Open Control Panel, Network. Click the Identification