A little late with this, but, in the 16 days of the government shutdown, $24 billion was lost from the economy.
That is $1.5 billion a day.
So, what could have been done with $24 Billon?
- Funded 1.5 NASAs (their budget for 2014 is $16.6 Billon)
- Sent 554,413 kids to a private collge (Average tuition $43,289)
- Sent 1,078,119 kids to a state college (Average tuition $22,261)
- Purchased a home for 87,944 "average" Americans (Average new home price is $272,900)
- Purchased 8.3 billion free school lunches for kids
- Buy 7.1 billion gallons of gas for Americans (average price of $3.36/gal)
Maybe, just maybe we should be looking at things a little different.
| 11/20/2013 8:32:19 PM