Delete Postings from a FrontPage Discussion Web
The following technique is based on a suggestion I received by email from "jwm" to clean up the mess FP98 produces when you delete discussion messages. It removes the spaces ( ) that FP98 inserts into the table of contents (tocproto.htm) between the subject, the poster's name, and the date.
I performed the following steps which cleaned up the messed table of
contents of my discussion:
1) View the messed up discussion in your browser
2) Delete the undesired messages in FP98 Explorer.
3) Start WordPad and open tocproto.htm (located in the disc* folder).
4) Do a global replace of " " with nothing.
5) Save tocproto.htm. (when prompted, select: save as text".)
6) In FP98 Explorer: [tools] [recalculate hyperlinks].
7) Refresh the browser [F5] and enjoy.